The International Workshop on strongly interacting, open many-body systems
with the emphasis on the Rydberg atoms physics
will take place near Heraklion, on the island of Crete,
A crucial ingredient for realizing various phases of matter is the
availability of interactions with different range and strength.
Atoms excited to Rydberg states exhibit long-range, switchable,
interactions that are many orders of magnitude stronger than the
typically short-range interactions between ground-state neutral atoms.
In addition, relaxation and dissipation can be introduced in this system
in a controlled way. Such systems are thus uniquely suited to simulate
and study coherent and dissipative quantum dynamics of strongly-interacting
The aim of this Workshop is to bring together renown experts, senior
and junior researchers, for a productive and inspiring discussion
on the recent progress and future directions of research on open many-body
quantum systems using Rydberg atoms and photons.
from 30 September till 3 October 2018
Topics of the workshop:
- Nonlinear quantum optics with Rydberg EIT and related effects
- Interfacing and hybridizing Rydberg atoms with other systems
- Resonant and non-resonant excitation of strongly interacting Rydberg lattice gases
- Dissipative preparation of correlated photonic and atomic states
- Molecules of Rydberg atoms